Sunday, October 4, 2015

Happy birthday!

Dear Elijah,

Yesterday was your second birthday. How I missed you so much my sweet boy. Time is flying by. You have a baby sister. I know if you were here you would take such good care of her. I have so many different wishes for you, me, our family. I wish I got to hold your for more than 1 day. I wish you were alive and well. I wish you got to meet your baby sister. I wish your dad could teach you how to play soccer. The list goes on and on. I will tell you that surrounding myself with the MEND families yesterday was amazing. I know that each family has suffered a loss and that breaks my heart so bad, but to be able to come together and acknowledge our babies in a world that is completely uncomfortable talking about the death of babies was encouraging. There are people that have walked in my shoes. This is our new normal. I love you sweet boy. I can't even begin to explain how thankful I am to have had the little time that we shared together. You made me a mother and for that I will be forever grateful. Love you now forever and always,

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment